Passover is here:
Chag Sameach! ~ Happy Pesach!
We look forward to having an uplifting and meaningful Passover at Chabad at the University of Maryland.
Please read on below to see the many opportunities and options Chabad is offering:
- Seder options – We will be hosting Seders at Chabad:
Seder night 1 – 4/5/23 – Approx. 8:00pmSeder night 2 – 4/6/23 – Approx. 8:30pm
- For students going home, alumni, or anyone, if you would like handmade Shmurah Matzah for your Seder table, please click here. Please do this ASAP as we don’t know how long shipping will take.
- To sell your Chametz please click here.
- For students only – Join us for a fun and informative chocolate Seder – Mon. night 4/3 – Cumberland Hall Rm 1114 – 9pm
- If you would like to see information on a DIY Seder please click here.
- For readings, explanations, recipes, stories, crafts and more, click here.
- Your donation helps all this happen. Please click here.
For times or any other Passover related questions or information be in touch.
Have a happy and kosher Passover from
Chabad @ UMD!
If you would like to help sponsor the Seder and other Passover expenses at the University of Maryland please go to www.umdchabad.org/donate
No student will be turned away due to funds.
Please visit our donate page to see our Passover 2023 Budget
Anywhere you are in the world, Chabad has a Seder waiting just for you!
Click here for the worldwide listings.
All times listed here are for College Park, MD
For elsewhere in the world click here
Wednesday, April 5th:
Fast of the first born begins at 5:20am
(Many end the fast at a siyum during the day)
Finish eating Chametz before 11:01am
Burn & nullify Chametz before 12:06pm
Candle lighting at 7:17pm
First Seder. Eat Matzah and drink the four cups after 8:03pm
Thursday, April 6th:
Candle lighting after 8:16pm – Light from an existing flame only.
Second Seder. Eat Matzah and drink the four cups after 8:16pm