Passover is here:
Chag Sameach! ~ Happy Pesach!
We look forward to having an uplifting and meaningful Passover at Chabad at the University of Maryland.
Please read on below to see the many opportunities and options Chabad is offering:
Last Days of Passover (4/21-4/23):
Tired of Matzah and tuna? Tired of Matzah pizza?
It’s Brisket Shabbat at Chabad!!
Join us at Chabad for our annual Passover Shabbat dinner!
Homemade! Delicious! Free! And waiting for you!
This Fri. 4/22 At Chabad approx. 8:15pm
Bring a friend and come on over!
More meals below!
Last days of Passover start Thursday night!
Join us for some more delicious Passover meals!
Thursday night (4/21) around 8:15pm
Friday lunch (4/22) around 2:30pm
Friday night (4/22) around 8:15pm Brisket
Shabbat lunch (4/23) around 2:30pm
(Times are approximate and some are based on what times services end.)
End the holiday with a Mystical Meal on Shabbat (4/23) at 7:30pm (approx.)
Light food, singing, and deep discussion at Chabad.
Passover candle lighting times and info:
Thurs. 7:33pm (if after that time only from an already existing flame)
Fri night at 7:34pm
(Yizkor is recited during Shabbat morning services)
Shabbat, Passover ends and havdallah at 8:35pm
Please remember to make an Eruv Tavshilin, click here for more info.
More info on the last days of Passover click here.
- Seder options – We will be hosting Seders at Chabad:
Seder night 1 – 4/15/22 – Approx. 8:30pmSeder night 2 – 4/16/22 – Approx. 9:00pm
- For students going home, alumni, or anyone, if you would like handmade Shmurah Matzah for your Seder table, please click here. Please do this ASAP as we don’t know how long shipping will take.
- To sell your Chametz please click here.
- For students only – Join us for a fun and informative chocolate Seder – Mon. night 4/11 – Cumberland Hall Rm 1114 – 9pm
- If you would like to see information on a DIY Seder please click here.
- For readings, explanations, recipes, stories, crafts and more, click here.
- Your donation helps all this happen. Please click here.
For times or any other Passover related questions or information be in touch.
Have a happy and kosher Passover from
Chabad @ UMD!
If you would like to help sponsor the Seder and other Passover expenses at the University of Maryland please go to www.umdchabad.org/donate
No student will be turned away due to funds.
Anywhere you are in the world, Chabad has a Seder waiting just for you!
Click here for the worldwide listings.
All times listed here are for College Park, MD
For elsewhere in the world click here
Friday, April 15th:
Fast of the first born begins at 5:02am
(Many end the fast at a siyum during the day)
Finish eating Chametz before 10:54am
Burn & nullify Chametz before 12:01pm
Candle lighting at 7:27pm
First Seder. Eat Matzah and drink the four cups after 8:27pm
Saturday, April 16th:
Candle lighting after 8:27pm – Light from an existing flame only.
Second Seder. Eat Matzah and drink the four cups after 8:27pm